Aug 2, 2015

Showcase Sunday #48 - August 2015 Week 1



Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and the Story Siren, the aim of Showcase Sunday is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.
~Vicky @ Books Biscuits and Tea


Welcome, to this week's Showcase Sunday. Yes, I am back doing this posts weekly and the reason why is that... I moved to London. I always wanted to live there and now I have the chance (at least for the next four years). Now if only I can make some friends here. My PhD starts tomorrow and I can't wait to meet everyone at the office. Coming here I realized that it doesn't matter where you are if you have no one you care about there. So bring on the friends, London!

Anyways, let's go back to the books. I decided that since I was here it was only proper to visit some of the famous bookstores: Foyles and Waterstones. I have to say I loved Foyles, it's so beautiful, a true book paradise. I was a bit underwhelmed by the Waterstones close to Leceister Square (maybe the other branches are bigger and better). Here is a photo from Foyles.
I told you, book paradise. So of course I bought some books. Who wouldn't? Here are the books I got.

I had made a deal with myself that the book I would buy in London would be The Rose and the Thorn, and I actually kept it. This will be my next read.
Also, I thought what a better way to celebrate my coming to London than buying a book from a British author I love, James Dawson. Say Her Name seems so creepy, I can't wait to pick it  up.
Finally, I think I already had been sent Brew by the author, but it was free on amazon so I picked it up just in case.



2 comments:

  1. Aw, welcome, welcome! :) I'm so glad you're finally here! And I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends, just give it time - plus, I'll be the first one. :D

    Foyles is one of my favourite bookshops, it really is amazing. Waterstones Piccadilly is much bigger than the others (5 storeys), but I've always preferred Foyles for some reason. No idea why!

    Anyway, hope you enjoy your new books and looking forward to seeing you soon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Vicky, I can't for our get together. I still haven't been to the Piccadilly Waterstones, but five floors? That sounds pretty amazing. See you soon :)

      Delete