Jul 9, 2013

Tell Me Something Tuesday: Sleeper Books

Tell Me Something Tuesday is hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings. It is a chance to talk about all topics and a way to get to know your fellow bloggers. Participate as often as you like. Grab the question, answer it on your blog and add your link!

This week's question:
I love this book, why haven’t more people read it!? What are some of your favorite sleeper books that you wish more people would read?

My Answer:
I love this week's question 'cause sometimes I feel like there are so many series that I completely adore but others have no idea about them. The weird thing is the have many ratings, some of them over 10.000 ratings on goodreads, but the thing is, when I see the shelves of my goodreads friends I usually don't find them there and it's a shame 'cause al of them are amazing. So let's talk about some of them.


The Looking Glass Wars: I was never a huge Alice in Wonderland fan, I am more of a Wizard of Oz groupie, but this series is great. It's a spin on the original tale. Frank Beddor has created an amazing Wonderland all of his own. These books have everything in them. Love, lost, battles. I think if I was an Alice in Wonderland fan I'd be obsessed with them.


The Midnighters: Everyone knows Scott Westerfeld from his Uglies series, which by the way I've still to read, but the Midnighters is the series that made me love him. That guy is brilliant. The whole idea behind this series is brilliant. I got so attached to the characters and their stories and powers and everything they had to go through. And OH.MY.GOD. that ending, brilliant (and heart breaking).

The Shamer Chronicles: Another very original story that got me hooked by the second book. Yes, I have to admit the first one was really good but after the second one the story just went on another level. And I simply adored the last book. It was epic.


Stravaganza: I love this series!!! I was in love with Italy before I started reading these books but after every story I has even more hooked. This compines time-traveling with parallel universes. Brilliant. Everybook has a different main character that travels from our world to Talia (the Italy of this other world) and every book takes places in a different city. Still all the characters from the previous books show up and there is a big storyline on the background that evolves from book to book. I have to admit I still haven't read the last book and that's simply because I don't want the story to be over. But I think its time is getting closer.


Eden: And of course this list would be incomplete without this series. For me Janelle is one of the most brilliant indie authors out there. Her writing is only getting better and better, each book will have you hooked and the world of Eden, oh God! This is one of the places I will carry in my heart forever. There are no words to describe how amazingly awesome this series is and the final book is getting closer.

Those were some of my all time favourite series that not a lot of people know about. Let me know some of yours. I am always on the look out for hidden gems.

2 comments:

  1. See this is why I asked this question, I have not heard of any of these books and now I am most curious. I must head over to Goodreads and check some of them out. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you picked some good ones. Why? Because I haven't heard of ANY of these! It makes you realie just how many great books are out there waiting to be discovered.

    ReplyDelete