Mar 8, 2013

First Evil (Fear Street Cheerleaders #1) by R.L. Stine

I should begin this review by saying that I've been reading RL Stine's Goosebumps growing up, they were the first books I ever read and they will always hold a special place in my heart. I've never read any of his other series though and seeing that Fear Street Cheerleaders had more of a YA feeling to it was a welcome surprise.

Corky and Bobbi are the two sisters that are the main characters of this book, 16 and 17 years old. They move in their new house on Fear Street and decide to join the Cheerleading squad of their new school. Even though most of the team members don't want them they manage to join in. During a bus trip to an away game a terrible accident occurs and the captain of squad ends up in a wheelchair. After that everything that the two sisters though as normal changes. Weird noises in the locker room and hallways, more mysterious accidents and finally someone ends up dead.

I loved the two sisters from the beginning, especially Bobbi since we got to see more of her. But what the character I enjoyed most was Kimmy, the jealous cheerleader that hated Bobbi's guts. I wanted to bitch slap her through out the whole book but the story wouldn't be the same without her. She gave a spark to the whole book.

So if you are a fan of RL Stine and in need of a creepy YA read this is the book for you.
★★★★☆

1 comment:

  1. Wow. this book looks amazing and i love the creepy feel to it
    GREAT review
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete