Aug 9, 2012

Throwback Thursday #1

Throwback Thursday is a meme I found while looking for something to post every Thursday, or at least every Thursday I have time for a post. You can click the image for more info, but basically in this meme you spotlight books that have been published at least 5 years ago and then you link to the main post.

For my first Throwback Thursday the choice was easy.

Magician
by Raymond E. Feist

At Crydee, a frontier outpost in the tranquil Kingdom of the Isles, an orphan boy, Pug, is apprenticed to a master magician—and the destinies of two worlds are changed forever.

Suddenly the peace of the Kingdom is destroyed as mysterious alien invaders swarm the land. Pug is swept up into the conflict but for him and his warrior friend, Tomas, an odyssey into the unknown has only just begun.

Tomas will inherit a legacy of savage power from an ancient civilization. Pug’s destiny is to lead him through a rift in the fabric of space and time to the mastery of the unimaginable powers of a strange new magic.

Magician was originally published in 1982, the cover above is the actualy first hardback cover. If only I had it...Anyways, I am a huge fan of Rraymond E. Feist's books. I've been following the Riftwar Saga books ever since I read Magician in 2006, when I was 16. I practically spend the rest of my life always reading them.  Except the last couple of years that I managed to catch up with the publications and I am waiting whole years for the next books. This is the beginning of an amazing Epic Fantasy Story and I reccomend it to everyone who loves the genre.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/09/2012

    Throwback Thursday is killing me this week with all the goodies I want to re-read. This is one of the first books my husband recommended to me when we were dating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FEEIIIISSTTTT!!! Weeeeee :D
    Go fellow fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mean sounds COMPLETELY awesome! Really looking forward to reading this one each week - thanks for introducing it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that was suppposed to be "meme" - not mean!

    ReplyDelete