Sep 25, 2011

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

The story of Sam and Grace is one of the most sweet love stories I've ever read.

Sam is a werewolf, a man who turns into a wolf when it's cold. Grace was once bitten by wolves but ever since Sam saved her that night, a bond has started to bloom. One day Sam is shot and he turns into a human at the back yard of Grace. She immediatle recognises him and they story begins to unfold. With the threat of the winter and a new wolf loose in town they have to be extra careful.

This book was full of emotion and made me cry a lot. I really enjoyed the double PoV writing style. I especially loved Sam's PoV cause it was easier to connect with him than Grace. I loved the ending and then took a look at the next book and I was like "Hell, why? How can they be so unlucky?". But I'll leave this one for winter, cause I really wanted to curl up with the book and a myg of hot cocoa but it's boiling here...:P

Oh, and one last thing: Child Protective Services should really pay a visit at Grace's house. Just a thought. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Different cover than I usually see. Great review!

    ReplyDelete