Sep 29, 2011

The Amulet: A Faedra Bennett Custodian Novel by Alison Pensy

After this book I realized I'm not a big fan of fairies. Don't get me wrong I adore the little, funky fairies, with great sense of humour and maybe too much confidence, but the full-sized ones...well not so much. I find them, kind of wrong. Don't know why...:P

Anyways, this book was about Faedra, a Custodian of a fae amulet. When she turns 18 her powers are turned on and all bad things start to happen. She is being chased by uglie Redcaps, her dog turns into a handsome fairy and the worlds vegetation strats getting destroyed.

She soon has to travel to the fae realm to find out what is causing the world's destruction and face the ones responsibles.

The book was, simply, boring until the time Faedra went to the fae realm, and that was half way through it. After that the story started to get better, but there were no major surprises and I could figure out some things that were left unsaid for the next book, which I will read in hopes of being like the second half of this one.

You can get a free e-book of this: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment